Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Marriage

Father, many marriages are being challenged right now.  I'm not saying anything to YOU that You are not already aware of.  Focus on The Family had the most incredible interview that I've ever heard. It was titled "Rebuilding a Strong Marriage."  The man had an affair, the women got pregnant and later through forgiveness, the "other woman and son" came to faith and was baptized!

WHAT A GOD!  WHAT AMAZING GRACE!!!  LORD YOU ALONE HAVE A PLAN! Philippians 1:6! Yes and Amen!!!

We are the ones who mess it up but if we are willing to submit, surrender and put on Christ, YOU CAN AND WILL take to people in the flesh and crucify it!  FOR YOU GLORY!

Many people in my "circle of love" are in need of YOUR GRACE!  Some have divorced and it grieves my heart because I walked that journey!  IF Only I'd had Christ back then...but I didn't and we were not believers.

If You so desire for me to get married, my heart's desire is to love him like You have loved and are loving me.  I never knew all the stuff that I know now.

I did not know that this life was ALL ABOUT YOU and not about me, my wants, my hurts, my being happy, my finances, my past, my "trying" my best to be a mom and provider.

Lord I lift all of these souls up to YOU!  I pray Lord God that You would take the lies of the enemy and rebuke them.  I pray that they would walk through the Gospel with fresh eyes.  I pray that the Spirit of the Lord would give them ears to hear.  I pray that You God would show them their sins and show them Your Grace.  God Almighty, give them a vision of the Cross and You Son's blood running down and bleeding over the sins.  Find a way to get them to see that THERE IS NO LIFE apart from You.  That obeying Your Son, dying to self and DESIRING to imitate Jesus is the only life that is worth living.  Lord please show them that this life is not about them, the desires of the flesh or the powers, pleasures, and possessions offered by this world.

Father, RESTORE, by first, causing their hearts to grieve for not keeping the covenant made to You.  Repent for wanting things outside Your will and not putting You first.  Cause them to come to full disclosure and ask for newness...wanting to respect and love in the way You intended.  Lord, please help your sons and daughters to show the world what it would look like to stay married and to glorify You even when it isn't all peaches and cream.  Show them what it's like to be hurt, disappointed, and on the verge of giving up but CHOOSING to say, "LORD WE NEED YOU!  WE CANNOT DO THIS APART FROM YOU!  Help us and Redeem this for YOUR GLORY!"

FATHER of heaven and earth, for those who are not in Christ, Lord GOD...please pierce their hearts to receive Your Son Jesus and come into the family of faith!  Father, don't let them die in the sin(s).  Please extend Mercy to them and Pursue them with Your Holy Spirit tenacity like You did for me!

In Jesus' name, give beauty for ashes! Amen

Eternally yours