Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Oh The LOVE of God...

THANK YOU Father for a beautiful, blistery, cold, and sunny day!

I woke up reflecting on Your continued blessings and provisons...Your protection and Presence.

Today's advent devotional spoke of how YOU Lavish Your children with love...abundance, extravagant, generous, sumptuously rich, luxurious, costly, opulent, unsparing, freely love given to us by our Abba Father.


This morning before reading, I was thinking about You and how You have richly blessed me. I spent the past three nights with my parents, starting with Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, at my mom's house. She prepared a wonderful and delicious feast with her loving hands. Not missing a single detail. Before leaving, she said, "Honey, I really enjoyed having you!"

Yesterday evening when I arrived at my dad's house, after driving six plus hours, he had prepared a pot roast with gravy, smothered in fresh vegetables just for me.

It's just a minute fraction of YOUR love toward me! Exactly why I started my Praise Blog.  I cannot keep up with the ways YOU love me.  The ride from DC to Ohio was beautiful.  I had the Holy Spirit with me as I listened to David Jeremiah, Tony Evans and Beth Moore!  LORD, I heard You.  I was listening indeed.

I was driving, taking notes and crying...praying, praising and believing!  Great is Thy Faithfulness. I also had the sweetest fellowship with Missy.  We have such a connection as we LOVE YOU and come from similar backgrounds.  I just love that we were neighbors when we were little girls and did not know one another....and then YOUR Grace, brought us to Grace Brethren.  Although she no longer attends, we are still #besties and forever sisters in the faith!  

Father I love when I read Your Word and You continue to remind me of Your Promises and how YOU are working. It's like You say, "As many times as you need to hear it daughter, I will say it."

I want to say that I happened upon the book of Isaiah, but YOU do all things on purpose...this spoke to me because of what Missy and I talked about and because of what my loved ones are experiencing...

"Like a crane or swallow, so did I chatter: I did mourn as a dove: mine eyes fail with looking upward: O LORD, I am oppressed; undertake for me.  What shall I say? He hath both spoken unto me, and himself hath done it: I shall go softly all my years in the bitterness of my soul.  O Lord, by these things men live, and in all these things is the life of my spirit: so wilt thou recover me, and make me to live. Behold, for peace I had great bitterness; but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.  For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for they truth.  The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make know thy truth.  The LORD was ready to save me: therefore we will sing my songs to the stringed instruments all the days of our life in the house of the LORD." (38:14-20)

WOW and #yummy encouragement!!! This speaks of Hezekiah's sickness and healing...he prayed and YOU ANSWERED!

So many layers of truth....metaphors of what's happening (now) and Who is in #COMPLETE Control!  YOU Lord God, YOU breakdown strongholds, demolish the schemes of the evil one and YOU heal the sick!  YOU are my GOD and I believe in YOUR Mighty Hand to do what YOU have #promised.  I know that the season of life for my friends and family may look dim #BUT ... "This is the message we have heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all.  (1 John 1:5 NLT)

If God is for us...
What, then, shall we say in response to ALL these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

I will #ForeverPraiseTHEE for thou hast delivered ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eternally yours