Sunday, December 31, 2017

Great Is Thy Faithfulness

Father, once again, I say, THANK YOU!

I'm visiting my dad during this Christmas season.  He does not celebrate the birth of Christ, so there is no Christmas tree.

Excerpt from yesterday's advent devotional:

REFLECTION: Before you take those lights down, turn off all the other lights and sit with just the Christmas lights.  Read John 8 aloud with a loved one, even if it means using the phone.  If you or a loved one are facing a dark situation or circumstance, does knowing the Light of the World bring peace to your heart?

PRAYER: Thank you, Lord, that we can approach your throne of grace and receive mercy and find grace in our time of need.  We trust you, even when life doesn't make sense.  We ask that you illuminate our darkness so we can see you. Amen.

My Lord and My God, not everyone received the Advent Devotional that was given out at church at the beginning of the month, but I did.  I have enjoyed every single day and every single truth.  The only reason I was able to sit in the presence of a Christmas tree was because of Psalm 139:16.

YOU knew that I had planned to come to Ohio the day after Christmas and You knew that a Christmas tree would be in the social room downstairs.  My dad's high-rise has a big beautiful tree on display there with bright lights and golden trim and I sat there last night on the floor, staring at the lights.  I also read John chapter 8 aloud from my cellphone, Youversion bible app.

The doorman was cleaning the lobby area while his music played softly in the background the first time I came down. I decided to wait and try again later.  My dad and I had a sweet visit with Ms. Jean as we watched Jeopardy in her apt.  It was fun.  I got one right. LOL

We had sweet treats and she was so delightful and gracious.  She's 91 and has way more energy than me.

After we left her place, I told my dad that I was going down to look at the tree again.  No one was in there as I sat on the floor feeling so LOVED BY YOU!  I felt as if I were sitting on Your lap. I truly felt like a little girl. I love that You are a #jealous GOD!

I love how YOU have been loving on me since Christmas.

YOU have loved me since the beginning of time, but the past five days or so have been filled with mixed "emotions."  I know that I am not to be guided by my feelings but by my faith.  I love that no matter what I may be feeling, YOU won't leave me there in the untruths and the unbelief.

I love You.

Eternally yours