Friday, December 8, 2017

A GINORMOUS PRAISE


Father, I want to say a PUBLIC THANK YOU…. but as I just typed the word (public) everything about my life has been public since YOUR Son #saved me.  Each new day I get to discover YOUR Presence and Grace in my life.  I cannot explain a NEW Peace that I feel as of late.  I’ve always felt your Presence and I'd like to think that I’ve felt peaceful day by day, but since traveling this past summer to Japan and Ghana, there’s a shift in the atmosphere.

Clarity for me has become so crystal clear regarding the ministries and gifts that YOU given me and called me to do.  I know that YOU did not call me to teach in the public schools, but I did ask YOU if my job after Law Enforcement could be fun and YOU allowed it to be that and so much more.  I absolutely loved loving on the kids.  It was a beautiful blessed season for me.  You did not call me to cook in the kitchen on Wednesdays, but I thoroughly enjoyed and enjoy the fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ.  Now, I am able to at least serve and maybe ice some cupcakes. J

BUT the reason why I’m writing this particular post is because YOU have given me my heart’s desire and YOUR Word is SO TRUE.  You said that if I delighted myself in YOU, YOU would give me what I desired.  Thank YOU!  I have always loved the beach.  It was a happy memory for me as a child as we would go every summer.  Not only that, Alex’s dad used to go every summer when we dated.  Then there were seasons when I used to drive to Ocean City just to get away.  The closer I got to the water and the waves, the more settled my spirit would become.  I remember when I was at work, I used to flee to the water for some (calmness) as being a supervisor in Law Enforcement was 99% chaos.  I would go across the street to the Café’ because there was a beautiful Water Fountain in the lobby.  Then I would also go to the Wharf in Southwest where the Cruise ships were docked just to hear the water.  While I lived in Waldorf, I would go to O’Donnell Lake behind the mall just to see the water and watch the birds float by as if they didn’t have a care in the world.

Now, 6 years later, I still get to live on the water.  I cannot believe how YOU have blessed me.  If the fridge would stop humming, I could hear the waves as I sit here and type this.  I can hear them because it’s cold outside, but the sound isn’t as clear with the additional noise.  And I hope that does not sound like a complaint because I just returned from Ghana where we did not have a fridge.  THANK YOU for my refrigerator.

ALSO thank YOU for giving me my other desires.  I get to work with seniors.  YOU know my heart wanted to do something special in honor of Rosa B. Davis.  I initially wanted to begin an errand service in her name, but YOU had other plans.  Now, I get to love on Hospice patients.  I had no desire to do this and that’s why I know that YOU ALONE called me to do so.  I’d like to say it began with Lesley, but it began before the foundation of the universe as YOUR WORD says in Psalm 139:16, that YOU have planned every single one of my days before any of them came to be.

Lastly, I get to work for a Christian Organization which allows me to encourage others.  YAY AND CARTWHEELS!!! My spiritual gift is (encouragement) and YOU have given me a way to do just that!  Yet something I blogged about in 2015 on my Free Spirit Butterfly Blog.  When I interviewed for the job and discovered that they had accepted me, it took me back to that post where I asked others (If they could have their dream job, what would it be?)  I had no idea that YOU would give me mine.  I remember years ago wanting to be a journalist and dropping out of GW University because I was the only African American person in the class.  I did not feel like I belonged and so I stopped going.  I didn’t feel smart enough.  Now I know that it was all of my insecurities and the lies satan had convinced me of…BUT once a again, YOUR Word is true. ROMANS 8:28 says YOU USE ALL things for good for those who LOVE you and for those who have been CALLED according to Your purpose.  Thank YOU for finding purpose with my life. 

THANK YOU for loving me, accepting me, using me, forgiving me, providing for me, blessing me, guiding me, and walking alongside me.  THANK YOU that even when I fail, YOU are still there to redirect me and to get me back on track…the Track that LEADS to Truth, Wisdom, Knowledge, Understanding, Holiness, Righteousness and Salvation.  ALL of this BECAUSE JESUS IS LORD of my life.
I still haven't found the words to describe how YOU CALLED me to Intercessory Prayer.
WOW!!!! YOU Reign


Eternally yours.

Princess Bride