Thursday, January 28, 2016

Not Asleep

My Lord,

I just finished texting my mom. I can do that because she's a night owl and because I'm retired! All praises to you!

I just finished my Devotionals. I'm trying to do them each day without any pressure about the time. At first I felt as though they should be first thing in the morning and then I decided to relax about the time and be guided by Your Spirit! I love how You continue to court me!

Speaking of "relax" it is rather strange not having a set schedule or time constraint. I am learning to calm my brain but it will take some time as I was on loan to the Police Dept for 25 years.

I want to thank YOU for the wonderful time I had in Ohio visiting with my daddy! I cannot believe I gained all that weight!!!  I laid on his sofa and kept my pjs on as long as I could. I had breakfast, lunch and dinner for 8 days and when I returned home last Monday all I had was a cup of coffee, tea and a bowl of soup. I texted dad and told him that he was a bad influence on me. I also cried because I was missing him.

So happy that I'm going back for Father's Day! We always enjoy our visits and I always stare at him when he's not looking, as I am in awe that YOU reunited us! I love how You answered some of my deepest longings!!!

You know the one I'm praying believing and I'm patiently awaiting Your timing!

I was just reading a devotion, one about waiting and another about believing in You! I love to wait on You! Our quiet time together and the intimacy that we've developed over time has taught me that waiting on You is the wisest thing that I can do for myself because You truly want the best for me! And the believing part......piece of cake!  I #believe!!!  :-)

It's been a few weeks since I've written here because so much has happened in a such short while. Not to mention our first Snow Blizzard! Thank You that my power stayed on that my kids were safe and sound! I love when You make everything stop!!!

Thank You that I get to be a substitute teacher! I absolutely love it! Still incredibly humbled and marvel at Your favor in my life!!

I'm still having ankle issues and it still hurts!  I was really disappointed when the MRI did not give a clear diagnosis. Now I have to get physical therapy, and pray about getting surgery. I still thank You and I praise You that I can walk and I thank You and praise You that even though I retired, I still have health insurance. I don't take that for granted!

I have been stubborn and not wearing the ankle boot consistently. I hope surgery is not in my future. I've given it to You and I trust You!!!

Lord off subject, I want to Praise You that my sweet and precious sister Carrie is in Kenya with Courtney ministering to women! I'm so thrilled to be apart of her journey. Praying faithfully has me feeling like I'm there also!

Thank You also for connecting my heart to Karina who's serving You in Africa. You had all this planned long ago! Thank You for allowing me to serve You here! Thank You that all the Saints are not called to cross borders to share the Good News. Thank You that I was able to do it in D. C., and that I'm doing it in Calvert County! Thank You that there are no boundaries concerning the gospel and that I have the freedom to say "Jesus is Lord!"

A special thank You for my church home and all the beautiful believers that are my extended family. Even the ones I haven't met yet and especially the ones that I only met once!

It's 1:28 a.m., and I'm getting sleepy! Going to read today's "Our Daily Bread" and then turn in!

Thank You that the heat is on! Thank You for all that You provide!

I love You!

Eternally yours