Sunday, January 5, 2014

Way Too Long....

My Lord,

If I tried to write down everything that I'm thankful for...everything that you've blessed me with over the past year...it would be way too long.

I thank you for an awesome Christmas Eve Service with my Church family.  I thank you for an awesome Christmas Eve dinner with my family.  I thank you for an awesome Christmas day with Mother Williams, Rosa, T and the gran-girls.  I was so exhausted, I was in bed by 1800.

I was too pooped to open gifts.  Now that's what you call "Blessed!"  Father, you've blessed me in so many ways, tooooo many to list and or name.  I've tried to keep up in my gratitude journal and it is indeed full.  I've actually started a new one with the gift that Melissa gave me for Christmas. 

My Lord, I received a lot of wonderful gifts, but Father, you know that my Love Language is not gifts.  Your gift of Salvation is all I need.  Knowing that at the end of this journey...this life here on earth...with all its pain, tears, drama, heartache, crime, sickness, greed, destruction, pride, idolatry....all that mess...
At the end, I can come home!

Lord, when I think about that list...exhale....it still amazes me that I came to you so late in my life.  Trying to be the best I could be on my own and everything making sense in my own mind.  How silly does that sound. I was such a fool and I laugh at the way I must have looked spinning in circles going nowhere.

I could just come up there right now and love on you until I squeeze you to pieces. Lol
You are indeed my redeemer, My Prince, My Friend!

I'm looking forward to an awesome year and I'm expecting great things because you are a Great God.

Thank you for a quiet blissful New Years.  I was wrapped in my bed, in your love, in your word and in my poetry.  Seriously, who needs a boyfriend?!?!
(And speaking of boyfriend....Lord you know my prayer regarding the men in my life...I [patiently] wait to here from you...I trust you will protect, guide and guard my heart)

Thank you for my vacation.  The rest, movies, books, food, fun, lunch dates, friendships, warmth, peace, joy, contentment, sun-gifts and the sound of those waves...oh how I love you.

Eternally yours
Your Princess Bride
---------------------------------------
This was my New Years poem to You ~

* I Welcome Mornings

My Lord it's you
You're why I greet each and every day

The reason why I anticipate a brand
New beginning

You are the first thought
My first breath

The dark skies give way
Gently, quietly and expectantly

You are the gift giver
The protector of my sleeping flesh

The stars have all faded
One by one into the clouds

You've carefully chosen your paint brush
And your unique color scheme

The bird's are rehearsing, rejoicing in song
And I am listening...eagerly awaiting

Your sun-gift, your promise
Your guidance, your presence

The goodness, the glory
The ginormous light

You burst through in the distance
And I stare in awe

I'm frozen in time as if it's new to my eyes
My heart stands still beholding a miracle

You are there-you were always there
And I begin to cry

I never noticed you before
I paid no attention whatsoever

Yet you don't hold that against me
You love me still and you greet me with another day

A brand new day
You My Lord

You are the very reason
I welcome mornings