Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Selfish me...

My Lord,

This morning when I got in my car it was 9 degrees.  WOW!  (Lord, I pray that you will make provisions for the homeless and less fortunate and I pray that we, as a society will show compassion where and when it is needed.  In Jesus' name. Amen)

You know how much I love you and how I feel about "my" time.  Although I long to just be in a quiet place with you, I do want to fellowship more.  I want to text less and talk more, face-to-face.

I feel like I'm always going up the road and back down the road.  I am "tired" of driving here, there...everywhere.  However, if you provide me with the energy and strength to get out more, Lord, I am willing.

I have so many godly friendships and I want to cultivate lasting connections and memories of being "together" laughing, sharing, talking, crying, hugging and giving you all the glory.  I love being with T and the girls, I love my lunch dates with Alex, I love my senior girl-friends and I love doing things with my church...but there are still more visits, more faces and more places I could extend myself to.

I don't want to be so enclosed in my "shell" that I miss amazing Christlike opportunities to shine your light and spread encouragement.  I'm not much of a phone person and that's something I'm working on as well.  I actually loved talking with Melissa the other day and I always love speaking with Hope.

Father, I want more and more of you, first and foremost...and then I want more wisdom and more grace.  After that, I want more patience, a will to be more obedient and more focused.  Then, after that, I want to spread my light all over the place sharing your gospel and being available to minister in "any" way that you see fit.  After all that...I want to loose a few pounds and prepare for my retirement.  Lord, please give me a will to purpose my finances and my desires according to your will.

I love you and I'm super excited about this coming year. Yes...I can do ALL of this through Christ, who strengthens me :-)

Eternally yours