Tuesday, December 3, 2013

You already know....

My Lord,

I love today's devotion because it reminds me of a sin I committed in the past.  It was heavy on my heart because my kids look up to me.  They praise and shower me with words of adoration for the life that I live for you.  I am sure not to take any of the credit and they know without a doubt that it's ALL YOUR doing!

I felt the need to confess my sin to them because I wanted them to know that I am human and as long as I live in this flesh, I will make mistakes.  I also wanted them to know that you forgave me and that you don't hold our sins against us.  I love that you don't take away your love, and although you frogive sin, you do hold us accountable for covering and not confessing it.  YOU do NOT approve of it and Your word tells us to confess our sins to one another and I am so grateful that I did not hide it from you or my children.  I have been forgiven and I am still running the race Father!

Today's Devotion:

RECEIVING FORGIVENESS

TALKING TO GOD
Silently confess the things you have done that are hurtful to others. Ask God for forgiveness. Then thank Him for forgiving you.

DIVING IN
At your next family meal, have everyone wear earplugs or earphones but talk as usual, without trying to help each other hear what you are saying. Also wear them as you clear the table as a family.

GOING DEEPER
When you don't come to God to be forgiven, it is as if you refuse to listen to Him. By not hearing God, you separate yourself from Him, just as you did when you suddenly could not hear your family well. Read Psalm 32:5, "I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord' — and you forgave the guilt of my sin." When you ask for forgiveness, God forgives you. It is as if He removes the earplugs from your ears, and you can hear Him again.

TALKING TO EACH OTHER
- Have you ever kept something you did wrong a secret? If so, how did trying to hide this secret make you feel?
- What might keep you from going to God and confessing a sin?
- How do you feel when someone forgives you for something you've done wrong?

Eternally yours