Thursday, December 12, 2013

POWERFUL

My Lord,

Good morning and thank you.  I love, love, love WAVA.  I remember once when the Jazz radio station went off the air...I was a bit upset.  What was I to listen to, what would calm me...relax me?  I didn't care much for the "other stations" and I love classical music, but not all the time :-)

Now that I'm saved, I CANNOT THANK YOU enough for WAVA, 105.1 FM.  I am so addicted to that Christian radio station and I have found that I pick a certain program to listen to and then I turn it off so that I can hear from you.  I love Focus on the Family in the mornings....I love how they are so passionate about our Christian Families!

Today's program was so awesome it just had my heart and ears glued.  Sherry Rose Shepherd was featured and talking about how the enemy attacked her family as she was writing a book on how to raise her sons to be godly men.  She and her husband had a rock solid marriage and ended up separated for a while.  Her children were torn apart and Father, over time, YOU restored their family.

Lord, that message was so profound to me.  So many parents, singles and couples are SO BUSY living day to day lives, trying to survive and so caught up in "activities."  Sports are so important to many parents, excelling and making the honor roll is oftentimes bragging rights...but how many are "purposely and consciously raising their children to be future godly husbands and wives. 

Lord, the family is your heart and you have a vested interest in your beloved households and the enemy is not going to rest at dividing and conquering.  I pray with my whole heart that we would encourage, invest, teach, correct, and guide our little ones as early as "appropriate" about their roles in the family of Christ and for you Kingdom.

We often take for granted that kids don't understand...we plan and prepare things according to the world's timing, but if you instill and explain in a way that their little hearts and minds can grasp...starting by setting examples, they will soak it up like sponges.  They master TV shows and secular songs instantly...why don't we remove those things and replace them with solid godly values and began setting the foundation...sowing the seeds as soon as 3-4 years of age?!?!

I'll never forget when I was watching a DVD on Jacob's life.  He was holding baby Joseph in his hands and I froze the screen.  I kept looking at "that little boy" and thinking, he had no idea what his future held, but God you did.  And you kept your promise!

Lord, help our generation to prepare for the next generation and the next generation! In Jesus' name. Amen

Eternally yours