Saturday, August 24, 2013

Ginormous Prayer Request

My Lord,

I thank you for being available whenever I need you. Humble tears fall when I think of the times when I needed you and didn't know that I did...but you were there.

Thank you for the good news I received yesterday regarding a ginormous prayer request.  I knew that you would answer it.  Once I prayed to you and put my trust in you, your word kept me and reminded me day after day.  I was studying my biggest fear and you helped to take my fear and dissolve it.  We were told in bible study to search the scriptures and see where your promises counteract our fears.

2nd Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

1st Peter 2:24 "He himself bore our sins" in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; "by his wounds you have been healed."

Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Ephesians 3:20 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,..."

John 4:14 "...but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Jeremiah 29:13 "You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."

Father, I know all of your promises to be true.  I have spent intimate time with you and you have shown me who you are in my private moments.  Publicly, YOU are everywhere...but to me, I personally feel as though you are MY God and holding my hand and mine alone.

"I am Denise, the disciple whom Jesus loves.  He favors me and yes, every detail of my life is important to Him."

My Lord, I have another GINORMOUS prayer request: PLEASE be there for _______________ and show her Your mighty power, your strength and your love for her as you have done for me.  Give her a special sign that only she can see, feel and hear.  Something so powerful that all of her fears will dissolve as did mine. 

It did not happen overnight for me, but I chose to love you and I chose to isolate myself from my wordly desires and draw nearer to you and I have chosen to follow you.

Father, whisper her name and sing songs of love to her as your word has promised.  Nothing would give me greater pleasure if you were to share our song, (yours and mine) with her.

Zephaniah 3:17 "For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."


All my love - all the time

Eternally yours