Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Lord,

During last night’s bible study I read something so profound.  And Father, first of all, I’d like to thank you that at this season in my life, there are no trials in my path.  There is nothing in my present that I can apply this particular study too.  But because you created in me the gift of encouragement, I have many people that I can share this with.  Lord, may they receive it with the love that is intended.  In your precious name Father, this is my humble prayer.  Amen.

In the study of James, the brother of Jesus, Beth Moore says the following:

Name a recent time you fell into hardship.  “What two colors would you paint your current hardship?  Why?

She referenced Luke 10:30 and then refers back to James 1:2.

You were simply on your journey, trying to get from here to there, doing your job, and minding your own business then it happened.

You see, left alone, that’s just what trials are:  robbers.  Takers.  The Greek word for “trials” (peirasmois) is linked to the term “peirates.”  Cross the first “e” out, and what do you have?  They steal your security, dignity, dreams, and sometimes your spouse or friends.

Unless you’re in Christ.  That’s what James is saying.  Trials don’t get to steal from followers of Christ unless we hand over the goods!

AMEN!

Say it again…AMEN!

FATHER, thank you for this eye opening revelation.

Eternally yours