Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Lord,

Thank you for another beautiful day of grace.  It's early and it's chilly outside, but I'm still grateful to be here.  To hear from you and to prayerfully carry out your will.

I know that there are times when I go on and on about what I want and how quickly I'd like it, but Father, you said in your word to let our petitions be known...Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."  And as a child of the most high, I know with certainty that I can talk to you about anything.  Not only will you give me your undivided attention, but you ultimately will give me the best results...which are not always what I thought was the best thing for me at the time. 

Speaking of time and what's best for me...a friend of mine told me that I could have a "man" in my life if I weren't so picky.  I wholeheartedly disagree.  Some people; mainly friends and family members don't understand why I've chosen to wait on you.  I've done a lot of choosing of my own and it certainly didn't work out for me.  If I'm choosing to wait...why does it bother others more than it should?

I truly feel that if they were to go deeper into your word, meditate and apply it, they too would understand my decision and my reasons to wait.  YOU my Lord, are worthy of my submission and me laying all my longings at your feet.

Psalm 37:3-7  "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this.  He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him..."

How could I possibly go wrong if I choose to do that?

Eternally yours