Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Lord,

I love that you are patient with me.  Oftentimes my spirit can be anxious and then I'm reminded of my two favorite Psalms...well, actually, they're all my favorite.  But these two speak to my spirit the most.

* Psalm 37:7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him...
* Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God...

Lord, yesterday I read the below devotional and it is so in alignment with my life right now.  I have sworn an oath to wait on you and not to stray away from your will.  I need you to help me keep that promise.

The Fruit Of The Spirit: Patience
Be silent before the Lord and wait expectantly for Him; do not be agitated by one who prospers in his ways, by the man who carries out evil plans.  Refrain from anger and give up your rage; do not be agitated-it can only bring harm.  For evildoers will be destroyed, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.

I waited patiently for the Lord, and he turned to me and heard my cry for help.  He brought me up from a desolate pit, out of the muddy clay, and set my feet on a rock, making my steps secure.  He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord.

A patient person shows great understanding, but a quick-tempered one promotes foolishness.

Love is patient, love is kind.  Love does not envy; is not boastful; is not conceited.

Therefore, brothers, be patient until the Lord's coming.  See how the farmer waits for the fruit of the earth and is patient with it until it receives the early and late rains.  You also must be patient.  Strengthen your hearts, because the Lord's coming is near.

(Psalm 37:7-9; 40:1-3; Proverbs 14:29; 1 Corinthians 13:4)

Eternally yours