Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Lord,

Another faithful and beautiful day.  It is so amazing outdoors right now.  Deep breath...I truly love, love, love summer.  But then again, you knew that and therefore, gifted me with a summer birthday.  Yay!

I was listening to my iPod this morning while getting ready for church.  I'm so blessed that I have the iPod, iPhone and iPad.  I surely don't need them, but with your grace and a story too long to talk about, I have all three.  The strange thing is that I have different music on them as well.  On the iPod, I was listening to CeCe Winans.  Her song titled, Mercy Said No, is one of my many favorites. 

The Devil is so very convincing and so very subtle.  He surely had a hold on me for many, many years.  And listening to this song, confirms that you were there and you always will be.  He could have surely pulled me into the pits of his eternal HELL, but YOUR Mercy said, "NO!"  The only difference is that she was a child and I was a 43 year old woman.  But with you Lord, there is grace, patience and forgiveness.  Grateful humble me.

"Mercy Said No"

I was just a child, when I felt the Savior leading
I was drawn to what I could not understand
And for the cause of Christ, I have spent my days believing
That what He'd have me be, is who I am

As I've come to see the weaker side of me
I realize His grace is what I'll need
When sin demanded justice for my soul

[Chorus]
Mercy said no
I'm not gonna let you go
I'm not gonna let you slip away
You don't have to be afraid
Mercy said no
sin will never ever take control
Life and death stood face to face
Darkness tried to steal my heart away carry for 3 beats ...
Thank You Jesus, Mercy said no carry it for 5 beats.....

For God so loved the world, that He sent His son to save us
From the cross He built a bridge to set us free
Oh, but deep within our hearts, there is still a war that rages
And makes a sacrifice so hard to see

As midnight fell on crucifixion day
The light of hope seemed oh so far away
As evil tried to stop redemption's flow

[Repeat Chorus]

[Bridge]
And now when heaven looks at me
It's through the blood of Jesus
Reminding me of one day long ago


Eternally yours