Monday, June 25, 2012

My Lord,

Good morning and thank you for this day.  It smells of rain and I love it.  We need it too.  I so enjoy your glorious sun shining on me and hugging me so warmly, but I also enjoy the cleansing of the rain drops on my skin as well.

I was listening to some of my old voice memos on the way to work this morning and I am so grateful for the wisdom and discernment that you've placed in my heart.  My mind is absorbing your word daily and it keeps me focused on your truths and not the word of man.  We all have good intentions and we all fail at some point or another, but your word My Lord, it never fails.

I truly believe that a lot of people are hurt, disappointed and afraid and that's where the lack of faith and belief comes in.  How can we expect you to love us from heaven, to love us as we are-flaws and all, when those we see and trust here on earth daily are incapable of it?  I was once one of those people.  Feelings of loss and abandonment left me trying so hard to please others and to "feel" accepted."  NOT having any idea of the love and the peace that you promised all those years ago.

You know that I am a lover of books.  I collect them and read them in abundance.  But never have I read a book that has brought me such comfort and assurance that I am loved and accepted just for being me.  Your word does that and nothing and no one can tell me anything differently.  In you, I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  With or without the love of another, your love and presence is eternal.



When I started to memorize scripture, this one came first and it is TRUE!  You are with me wherever I go!

Joshua 1:8-9
"Keep this book of the law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it.  Then you will be properous and successful.  Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Eternally yours