Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Lord,

Good morning and thank you for saving my life, for changing my life and the lives of my children and my children's children.

Isaiah 53:5-6

But you were pierced for MY transgressions, you were crushed for MY iniquities; the punishment that brought ME peace was upon you, and by your wounds I am healed.

We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

My Lord, yesterday I spoke with my daughter and we talked about you for hours.  We talked about your continuous love, your discipline and your grace in our lives. We always worship you in our conversations and are thinking of ways to better serve and praise your holy name.  I am so very grateful that you've mended our relationship and that we both have a deep desire to be more like you.

I remember praying for her salvation upon receiving my own and knowing that it was all I could do.  Knowing that you were the only one that could save her and that all I could do was love and petition on her behalf.  I knew that she would have to want a relationship with you of her own free will.  All I did was meditate on your words and tried my best to shine the light that you placed above and around me.

It worked.  I remember one night, a few years ago, after having dinner with her and as we were walking she said, "Mother, you are glowing and people are just staring at you."  I smiled and told her that it was you, not me.  It was the light of Christ that had changed my entire being and disposition.

I remember back in the day, men used to look at me and say, "Smile. It can't be that bad."  I used to get so irritated because I was not angry or upset.  But I guess looking back, it appeared so.  Lol

Well today, I am certainly not that girl anymore.  My life and that of my children are in your hands and Father, we trust you completely.  Please continue your work in us and may the words of our mouths and the meditation of our hearts be pleasing in your sight, Our Rock and Redeemer.

Eternally yours