Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Lord,

Thank you for this beautiful day.  A special prayer for the mommies who are in heaven.  I know that it must be difficult to hear the words Happy Mother's Day if your mom is no longer here.  I just pray that the ones who feel sadden or alone look up to you for strength and peace and are in constant company of friends and family who wrap them in love.  No one can replace a mother's love, but Father you are the lover of all.  You love us as a parent, a lover and a friend. 

Deep breath...

I just came home about 45 minutes ago and I am tired.  I had to work and then I spent some time with my son.  He is so sweet.  He rode his bike to my job so that he could give me 2 beautiful cards, an exquisite butterfly scarf (love it) and a poem that he'd written for me about five years ago.  He was cleaning house and recently found it.  It made me cry...

I didn't know he felt that way about me and I didn't know that I had that big of an impact on his life.  From what I remember, I was a workaholic.  But it seems, he remembers differently.  That truly made my heart melt.  He is indeed my bestfriend.

His sister was going to lunch with her kid's dad so I didn't get a chance to see her.  I went to see my mom and boy did she make my tummy happy.  I live mostly on cereal and tonight...so not the case.  It was real food and made with real love.  I love her so much and we have a lot in common.  She is funny, caring, nuturing and creative.  She is organized, smart and thoughtful.  She loves sports and she loves you.  Me too.  We both miss her mom.  My grandma and mother were bestfriends.  My grandma was my one true love.  She always made me feel so special and as if she was always present when I was in her company.  I miss that.

Now that I say that, my Lord, I have that with you.  I always feel as though you are present with me.  Wherever I am, you are too.

I love that feeling.

Eternally yours