Thursday, June 11, 2020

shhhhhhhhh.....

Father God today was so peaceful, as was yesterday and the day prior.  I have the peace of God only because I am at peace with God, and I am so very grateful.  There are times when I am typing something and it seems like letters appearing on a blank canvass and it flows so naturally, but when I say that I am grateful, they are not just letters and words to me.  They are the only three words that my heart can express aside from the continuous outpouring of tears.  And, again, I am grateful for my tears too.  I still find it hard that not everyone can cry.

I love YOU Lord God.  Today I wept because I was inside with the window shades drawn, in an attempt to keep the heat out.  I was reading and praying and posting something on my law enforcement blog.  Then, while waiting for dinner, I sat on the sofa to pray some more.  I was so very grateful in that moment to have looked out the one window that was partially open.  I could see the waves thrashing against the shore and the top of a tree blowing briskly.  I wept because I was so very content in here with You as the world was just on the other side of that window.

The noise has been so very loud and the news has been so very constant and rapid.  If we do not choose to turn life down a notch and sometimes, turn it completely off...the mainstream media, the social media, the text messages, the e-mails, the traffic, the prayer requests, the radio, the sermon messages, the friends, family and loved ones....all of that can be all too consuming.  The anxiety, the stress, the depression, the chaos of it all...not to mention the vices that we can lean on to cope....drugs, alcohol, sex, gaming, shopping, eating, binging tv shows, and other inappropriate stuff that I probably have no idea that exist.

A sister in Christ texted me this question today: "What makes you most feel that you are known by God?"  Without hesitation, I responded, "Hearing His voice."

LORD Jesus, help me to keep a healthy perspective and flow of what's going on and how I can help. Please I pray, keep reminded that as overwhelming as all this is, You are the God of the Universe and the God of all flesh.  My eyes must remain on You!  My strength must come from You!

You are surely at work and although it may not be visible in my sphere of influence, in my family circle, in my neighborhood or even in my church....I am only able to see what is right in front of me...right now, which is this laptop, the lamp to my right, some Kleenex to my left and the tv screen in the forefront attached to this HDMI cord.  I recently watched Ruby's story on Amazon Prime.

You God are the one to whom we all must give an account.  You see every tiny detail.  Every small, medium and large detail.  Every ginormous detail and everything that surpasses that.  You are in the process of making all things new, so with that, so many things must die and so much more must change.

I must be included in and apart of that change.  In no way do I want to remain the same.  In no way do I want to sit still or remain idle when You have a Kingdom assignment for me.  I think the average Christian should never be comfortable and should always be in awe that the King of kings wants to use us.  Not the ones who use the word Christian just because it sounds good or just because it makes them feel good, I mean the followers of Jesus Christ should continually be in joyful anticipation knowing that they have the protentional of making a kingdom impact.

I thank You for Your Word that says You give rest to those You love.  There were and sometimes, still are times when I am weary, worn and restless.  You either give me sleep or give me the experience to gather my #godtools and hit the road.  Either we prayer walk together or we go somewhere and spend quiet and quality time together.  AND when You refresh a soul, there is nothing else like it in this world.

Life is heavy, hard and hurtful, but You Father God are consistently present and consistently good.

I am so very grateful for You and I am so appreciative that I can rest, turn the noise off and trust that You are in complete control.

If I choose not to watch the news, answer emails or respond to texts, You are God all by Yourself.

Please God, I need You.  Keep me reminded each and every day that there will always be troubles, heartaches, death, injustices, poverty, oppression, rebellion, deception and sin...BUT You are on it and Jesus has won!  The pain is purposeful and the end result is indeed good.

Heaven awaits all who believes, and Your Son has prepared a mansion for me that makes this condo look like a little wooden doll house like the one in the church's nursey :-)

You are good and Your promises are sealed in the precious blood of Your Son.

Y A Y and H A L L E L U J A H! ! !

Eternally yours...