Monday, May 18, 2020

LIVING IT OUT?

"It's their attempt to carry away those who are always learning but never able to come to a knowledge to truth (2 Timothy 3:7)"

Father God the above is an excerpt from a devotion and has me pondering this question....
Are we preaching too many "feel good" sermons and not exhorting and admonishing?
How long are we going to study the WORD before we start living it out?
I know that we are to gather together and to study the Word to show ourselves approved, but how long do we study it before we actually begin to LIVE IT OUT?

Not that we are (all) sitting under false teachers, but am I not being honest in saying that many churches are closely blending in with this world and without a doubt ignoring, condoning and participating in sinful behaviors.

We read the Word....well most do. We share it on social media, we hear sermon after sermon and we even say "we're praying."

But again, why is the church having a difficult time living truth?

What's missing is my question....? When are we going to be renewed in the mind?

Earlier when I was talking with You, I heard this. Every believer is in dwelt with the Holy Spirit and commissioned by God.

The will to want to is an individual choice.  Although we are "Christians" we still have free will. We have the free will to "do or not to" do. We have the free will to obey, serve, share, pray, read, go, stay, give, sin or not.

We have the absolute freedom to quench the Spirit. We can pursue or own desires. We can choose to have "it" our way and not align ourselves with God's will. We can cooperate with the plans that God has for His children or we can make our own plans. We can listen to the voice of God or we can listen to the voice of man. We can do what is popular or we can be oddballs and do what is biblical.

This walk of faith has given us a secure place in heaven and many are so very content with just that. Yes, we can never loose our salvation, after having chosen to believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. And with that being a non issue, we can "continue to live" life on our terms.

I praise YOU Abba that the Holy Spirit will not leave me alone. I thank You for the restling in my spirit and the questions. I thank You that You will not leave Your children in the devil's playpen. I love that You are a RELENTLESS God and You will finish what You began in us. I thank You that no matter what I see with my eyes of flesh, You know the ending and You do not need our help to fulfill Your plans. For everything has been set before the foundation of the world.

However, I thank You so very much that You do give purpose to this life of mine. I thank You that You have done a work in this heart that has surrendered to You. I am so very grateful that I am not who I used to be and that I do not have to wander through life trying to figure out each day. I need You. It is indeed the work of the Holy Spirit that compels me to seek after You. I lived lies for so long, I need the truth even when and especially if it is going to hurt me. Father God, please hurt me with Your truth. Every single day, I implore You not to allow me to have my way, but to submit to Your Divine will.

I cannot even imagine what this life would look like without You. I am so grateful that You have shown me the sins of my heart and that there is a way that seems right to man, but leads to destruction.

This world is perishing and we, as a church, and like the disciples, we have a big opportunity to participate in the gospel work. We can tell others, those who are suffering, lost, living without hope and chasing sinful desires that there is a way out. We can, with truth and boldness share the saving gospel of Jesus Christ.

Yes, the cross is the evidence of Christ LOVE! But what is our response?

John the Baptist says, repent... (The gospel of John)

Peter says repent... (The book of Acts)

Jesus says repent... (The gospel of Mark)

Why do we want to repeat, "GOD is Good" and not obey Him as a result of His goodness?

What do we want to say "Jesus loves you" and not tell them what that love cost?

Help the church Father. Help us, Your people to live out the truth...all of it.

We have been commissioned and if we all lived it out, wowowowowowowowowow
I cannot even imagine the #REVIVAL that we could see before the Second Coming!

But then again, if we do not think we need reviving, I guess we won't see it in this lifetime.

Lord, please, if not now...when?