Thursday, April 30, 2020

YOU Just Think You're Free...

GOD I JUST LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

I was not going to send out any #Barnabas text today.  BUT You are the breath that breathes in me and Your Word says, "In Him we live and move and have our being..." Acts 17:18

I was sitting on the sofa, multitasking.  The tv was on mute, the waves were capturing some of my attention, I was sipping my coffee and reading "Our Deadly Bread."

The devotional for today: Referencing John 8:31-36...If the Son set you free, you will be free indeed.

The story went on the share the excerpt from the movie "Amistad" where the men were in the courtroom demanding to be set free.  They said, "Give us free!" The courtroom was silenced. Justice was served and they were granted their freedom.

The next part was my testimony:  The devotional says impart: Most people today aren't in danger of being physically bound, yet true liberation from the spiritual bondage of sin remains elusive.  The words of Jesus in John 8:32 offer sweet relief: "So if the Son sets your free, you will be free indeed!"

FATHER GOD ALMIGHTY I cannot, never, ever thank YOU enough nor repay You for that sweet relief.

I am indeed free.  AND how sad that I had no idea that I was enslaved to begin with.

And even more profound is that I was a law enforcement officer with the authority to temporary take away someone's freedom, yet at the end of every tour, I was the one in bondage.

What a God------what a #Savior!

You are indeed Christ, Son the of Living God! Matthew 16:16
Glory Hallelujah!

So many will never go to jail.  So many will never visit someone in prison.  So many will go through life "believing" that they are free.  What a ginormous deception. So many are living their best life now and so many are merely existing and either way, they will end up in hell without a Savior.

But again: There's #GoodNews! Read the scripture in it's entirety and #believe....

In Jesus' name I pray, amen!

Eternally His