Thursday, May 30, 2019

My Oh My...

Father God I'm not writing anything that You don't already know about.  I am simply recalling Your goodness in the midst of life's uncertainties.  There has been so much goodness since I've last posted.  And You know that there has also been some sadness and some trying times.

My #word for this year is adventure and it has certainly been that.  I remember being so excited when the Holy Spirit gave me that word and then wanting to search scripture for it.  I couldn't find it and was a (tiny) bit disappointed but yet, so still very excited to see how YOU would manifest it to me.

AND THEN....there it was....right in the middle of my sadness and desperate thirst for YOU, the Holy Spirit woke me up in the middle of the night and said Romans chapter 8, The Solution is Life on God's Terms.  I decided to print it out (the entire chapter) at the library.  Later, I sat in my favorite chair by the window in my bedroom and began to read it with a fresh perspective.  Being so encouraged that YOU are working (John 5:17) and that all I have to do is to continue believing in what You've #promised.  To keep reminding myself that although it seems too simple to say and although the heart longs for "answers" the simple one is a single but powerful three letter word.  The "problem" is SIN and the answer is Jesus...Life on God's terms! Dying to self and submitting to God!

In our flesh, sin causes rebellion, pride and wickedness! The answer is JESUS Christ!!!

"This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life.  It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "What's next, Papa?"  God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are.  We know who He is, and we know who we are:  Father and children.  And we know we are going to get what's coming to us-an unbelievable inheritance!  We go through exactly what Christ goes through.  If we go through the hard times with Him, then we're certainly going to go through the good times with Him!  -Romans 8:15-17 MSG

In the waiting, I have been praying, crying, worshipping, reading, serving, singing, dancing, praising, and resting!  I have not waivered from my faith!  I have NOT turned my back on YOU!  I have NOT forgotten Your promises and I have NOT forgotten what YOU did for me.  I was in darkness!  I was enjoying my sinful life and I was NOT seeking after YOU and You sent YOUR Son to die for me!  NO, I have NOT forgotten and I will NOT forget!!!

Forever grateful, forever Yours