Thursday, February 8, 2018

Unexpected Bliss

Father, I was writing in my gratitude journal yesterday about how I have no idea whatsoever what You're up to and how You plan to bless me.  Everyday is new and exciting...even if it does not go the way I intend it to or even when the circumstances are not always pleasant....YOU are still GOD and You are still good.

Today was a rainy, icy road day.  I was supposed to watch the children in the CCMM, but because of the school delays, the bible study class was cancelled.  So, after praying, I had breakfast and read some yummy devotionals.  I was going to sit in my chair by the window and read there.  Then I felt a desire to go back to the bedroom and sit in my birthday chair.  I knew the book I was going to read, but then my pink Jesus Calling was calling me.  Seriously, it was.

When I picked it up, I read today's message and wow...so appropriate, I just stared and reflected on what was being said and how it related to me.  I then closed it and began to reach for something else and I felt the Spirit say, "Go back and read the accompanying scripture."  When I picked it up again, one of the verses was Romans 8:28, our family verse.  GOD You are always on time and everything You do is on purpose!  I love that about YOU!

I noticed the time and decided not to take a nap and watched a movie instead.  I knew I'd be leaving out at 12:45 to attend to my hospice patient.  However, I discovered it was her birthday and family was visiting.  Therefore, her aid said that I was not needed.

Serendipity for me as well as a nap!

Yummy day!

It may seem as though nothing really special happened as it rained all day, but being with YOU is so very special to me.  Being alone with YOU, spending the day with you...yeah...that's so very special to me.

Later I had soup and then went to bible study.  I'm so aware of praying now, it's like second nature to me.  I pray all day it seems, throughout the day.  I love when I pray and then see the person(s) I'm praying for.  Like tonight, while driving to church I was praying for Amy and then I got to see her.  Earlier, I was praying for Joanna and saw her as well.

Father, PLEASE keep me humble.  Keep me alert.  Keep me in prayer.  Keep me covered in Your wings of protection so that when I intercede, my prayers reach Your throne.  Let me not deceive myself and let my motives be pure.  Keep the evil one away from me and when I'm at a lost for Words, as You have promised, may the Holy Spirit guide and intercede on my behalf.  I'm absolutely nothing without You and my words have no POWER without Your Spirit!  In Jesus' name. Amen.

After bible study; grocery shopping, McDonald's coffee and home!  Thank You.

I wrote out some greeting cards, prayed and talked with Kaha.  I then ate some yummy garlic bread, read some devotionals and updated my Praise Blog.

I love You Lord.  You are my heart's desire.

Eternally yours