Tuesday, January 9, 2018

A Legacy of Faith

Father, I love YOU!  Thank you for the life of Joan Mack, her parents, her dad's sister, and Billy Graham's heart for the Gospel.

I'm at my dad's kitchen table thoroughly delighting in something Chet gave my dad to give to me.  I'm reading DECISION, a publication of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.

I want to share some things that Joan wrote, which wholeheartedly resonate with my spirit and my desires as the mother of Tatiana, Joshua, Alex, and the grandmother of Jazmine and Tyonna.

She titled it:  A Legacy of Faith!

Her parent's were invited to a Billy Graham Crusade by her dad's sister.  That night they gave their lives to Christ.  One day, her dad said this: "I don't know about my children, but I want all that God has to offer; you can come with me on this journey or stay where you are."  She says that got her attention and she knew she had a choice, she decided she wanted it all, too.

She went on to say:  Growing up I saw my parents fully surrender their lives to Jesus and put their complete trust in Him and His Word.  I remember all the prayer meetings at our home.

PAUSE:  This is why I pray each and every chance when I'm with my grangirls.  I was not afforded the same experience as Joan, growing up and therefore, I did not gift that experience to my children.  BUT by YOUR GRACE, Father, I can do it now.  I have nothing to leave my children and grangirls as far as financial or material possessions...but I told them on more than one occasion, my intentions are to leave them a legacy of faith and to sow seeds of prayer until the Lord calls me home!  I can only say this because I too have given my life to Jesus, and I too am fully trusting in His Word.

She went on to say this, (which greatly resembles me):  I remember how my mom ministered to young mothers by taking them under her wings through counseling and prayer.

PAUSE:  This is why I hold such a heartfelt space for young girls and women.  I did not receive any wise counsel growing up and I am compelled to share the love of Christ and how He not only delivered me, but HE accepted me when man rejected me.  I have no education and no money in the bank, BUT I have a GOD who wants to impart wisdom and truth in my life so that I may use it for His Glory!

She said she remembers the blessing it was to live with parents who love Jesus and wanted others to experience His love, too.

PAUSE:  Although this was not the case in my household, I know the LOVE OF CHRIST and I want others to experience HIS LOVE TOO!

USE ME FATHER....Yes, help me to show others a #LoveExperience unlike any other they've ever had.  In Jesus' name, this is my prayer!

Eternally yours