Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Exhausted....

My Lord,

Good morning beautiful God of mine!  How are you today?

I read one of my devotions yesterday and I had an epiphany:  Drawing nearer to you blesses you also.  I never thought of it like that.  That my being with you makes you "happy" too.  I always speak about how happy, great, overjoyed, excited, blissful, peaceful, content, overwhelmed...being with you makes me feel.

I love that my being with you gives you a reason to smile!

Yesterday, you gave me the opportunity to take a nap and I thank you.  I was supposed to meet with my friend and she may have the flu.  I lift her up to your tender loving arms for comfort and healing.

After my nap, I was able to eat and go to Yoga.  [Free at Church] What an awesome God you are!

My plans were to go in a bit early and catch up on my "Jesus Calling and Jesus Today" devotions.

So did not happen.  I saw my sweet friend John and talked with him.  We always laugh together.  Note to self (b-day 11/22) Lol

And then, I saw Jackie #2, hugs and smiles.  And then, I saw Debbie and Gina, two of my favorites. :-)
We talked about being moms and that journey that God has blessed us with.  Oh what joy and mistakes...lessons and blessings you give to us Lord. 

Then, I saw Kim and Brittney.  I'm a little envious of those who get to attend church with their children and grandchildren, but My Lord, you had a plan and you have a plan.  I love you and Jeremiah 29:11 is embedded in my heart.  It's all I've been hearing this New Year and I'm super excited to see new things unfold!

After Yoga, I went to get some "snow stuff."  Food, goodies, etc... It was such a quite bliss in Dunkirk, I could have driven around in circles just being in the night air alone with you.

But, because I had to get ready for work and pack for mom's house, I came home.  I'm completely exhausted and every time I think about my calendar and all the "events" I have planned and the list of things to do...I think about my friend who once said that being a Christian is hard.  I replied, "I disagree.  It's not hard, but it is exhausting."  So in a good way.

The old me was so content with working hard 7 days a week, coming home to a cold bowl of cereal and "Lifetime TV."

Who was that girl and where is she? Lol

Eternally yours