Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Mundane...

My Lord,

Good morning and thank you.

Yesterday was pure peace.

I love you and I keep thinking about how you've changed my life.  I deeply and truly have a desire to study your word and spend time with you.  I still question, "How can that be?"  Silly me...wanting to know the answer...

I was reflecting upon my walk with you and I cried.  I want to be your faithful disciple and I want to be free from anything that has a stronghold on my mind.  I need you to reveal it to me if I'm being completely stubborn and holding tight to anything that is keeping me from being available to you!

We are studying Gideon and it is so profound and so intense.  There are many, many questions for personal reflection.  I keep staring at them waiting for an answer to surface.  And then, there are times when I skip over the question and come back to it at a later date hoping for clarity.

I know that there are things in my life that I quickly gloss over and oftentimes take for granted.  My Lord, help me to see you in those places...in the mundane task.  Please help me to be fully aware of your presence and to clearly hear from you.  I don't want my pride to interfere with your will.  I want your best!

Gideon was timid, insecure and fearful and those same characteristics still lay dormant in me at times.  I am fully trusting in you in every area of my life...but this old will of mine is still inside of me.  I still cannot fathom the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of me, but I know it's true because of the life that I now live and the passion and longing I hold to be a lifetime servant of yours.

Not only that, I simply cannot keep quiet about who you are and how anyone who does not know you can have the same peace, joy and contentment.  All of your promises...although I feel as though they are only for me....that your scriptures speak directly to my heart, soul and spirit...they are indeed available to ALL who believe.

Father, keep me as the apple of your hide...hide me in the shadow of your wings.  All the days of my life.

Eternally yours