Monday, October 7, 2013

The New Self

My Lord,

Thank you for our Thursday night bible study class.  Initially, I just couldn't get into the study.  "The Power of a Pray Woman."  It was difficult to begin and the material didn't seem to apply to me or my current season...but, as the study progressed, I began to enjoy it and even looked forward to the homework.

The latest was Praying God's Protection Over Your Life, Praying For Your Body, Praying Over Negative Emotions and Praying God's Will For Your Life...all have proved beneficial to me and my prayer life.

Father, I thank you that I am one that people call on for prayer, come to for prayer and send me request asking that I pray for them or someone that they love.

In my darkness, that never happened.  Not that I could recall.  I remember praying for my children, but never really praying for anyone else and never being the one being asked to pray.

The new self is all your doing.  YOU My Lord, you change lives.  You are continually working in my life and the lives of my children and my gran-girls.  I am confident that you will finish your work in us and that at the day of Glory, we will bow down and confess that "Jesus Is Lord!"

PS ... completely off the subject...but Lord, please give me patience today as work is not my happy place.

Thanking you in advance and still asking that you use me however you see fit.  In Jesus' precious name. Amen.

Eternally yours