Sunday, June 30, 2013

Blessings following Obedience

My Lord,

I caught a glimpse of Dr. Stanley's sermon message on "A Passion To Obey."  I cannot wait to get the opportunity to listen to it in its entirety.

A portion of what I heard was so pleasing and exciting to my spirit as I am already doing the things that he said and desiring more of You.

He said that when you have a passion to obey God, the opinion of others will never be a deciding factor in your decision making.  SO in agreement!!!!!!!!!!!!

He also said that having a passion to obey God leads you to want to know God more and more.  I am so there.  I love you with all my heart and although I enjoy your word immensely...I want more.  More truth, more promises, more Daily Bread, more Devotions, more Bible Study, more fellowship, more small group meetings and just plain more.

Today's message in Church was so awesome too.  The story was about Paul's conversion/transition.  I so admire the Pastor for preaching and teaching us about life's transitions as he is retiring within the next year or so.  So many will be upset, will harbor mixed emotions and may even decide to leave the church, but Father, because I know you and trust you.  I'm staying planted!

You have already prepared our next Leader and when the timing is right, I welcome the experience.  I love Pastor Wagner and Mrs. Diana but I don't want to be selfish when they both deserve to seek retirement be a blessing to other areas of service for you.

I love Paul's story and how he and Barnabas became friends.  Melanie said that I was Barnabas and I just love when people say that because it means that my life is making a difference and my walk is Christ like...that indeed is my life's mission.  All for you My Love! :-)

Eternally yours