Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Lord,

Yesterday was glorious...snow, work, productivity, devotion, epiphanies, love, tears, waves, and food...all by your grace!

And as my day was coming to an end, I began to fill out the Secret Sister envelopes and smiled widely.  One of my ministries is writing.  I was completely enjoying the process...something only a writer would find relaxing...Lol

And just before turning in...I read one of our "prayer request."  The below poem was written as a result of overwhelming emotion.

"Good-bye"
Tears falling slowly
Quietly and constantly
I know it's your purpose
Your plan, your timing
We mustn't hold tight
Or put up a fight
We must believe and hold
Tight to the very promise
That our very last breath
Our final goodbye on earth
For your chosen people
That last moment spent exhaling
Will be followed by that
Glorious first breath
That moment when we inhale
Will be in the presence of Jesus
Or Lord, Our King, Our Savior
 
Patiently awaiting your return
 
Eternally yours