Monday, December 31, 2012

My Lord,

A year ago yesterday, I created this blog site to publicly journey through life with you.  To say how much you've changed my life would be a HUGE understatement.

At the time, a selfish part of me was in the midst of a little girl tantrum and that lasted for about a week and then, after embracing your gentle "reminder" that you were still there and always would be...my life began to SOAR!

I was not expecting nor was I prepared for the journey that we've taken this past year.  My faith, friendships, finances and health all increased with your Almighty grace and favor.  My heart for the lost, needy, hungry and homeless has never big so wide open.  The trip to Haiti truly, truly opened my eyes to what it is we are supposed to do for our brothers and sisters, neighbors and community.

It "CONFIRMED" that this life is not about me...it never has been.  My blessings were ALL gifts that I was supposed to and am to share with those in need.  I am no way exempt from needing the same assistance at any given point in my life.  And Father, I rest in the fact that if and when that time comes, you too, shall supply my needs...just as you've allowed me to supply needs to others.

My "ministry" is not contained in one area as I'd orginally thought.  I am gifted in many different things and I'm learning that with the continual sowing, the reaping is indeed "plentiful" beyond belief.

I was at the Library today...one of my blissful places-and read the below Psalm.  I told myself that it was a perfect way to end the year and a perfect way to AGAIN, publicly THANK You and PRAISE You for ALL your goodness to me.  My Lord, you are faithful...always have been and with ALL that I know about you, I trust that you always will be.  NO ONE can tell my anything differently...I truly and wholeheartedly know this for myself.

Psalm 116:1-2
I love the Lord, for he heard my voice, he heard my cry for mercy.  Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.

(in the beginning of this journey with you)...vs ...3-4...I was overcome by trouble and sorrow. Then I called on the name of the Lord: "O Lord, save me!"

vs 5-7 The Lord is gracious and righteous, our God is full of compassion.  The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.  Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.

vs 12 How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me?  I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord.  I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people.

Eternally yours
Your Princess Bride