Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Lord,

Happy Beautiful Tuesday!

I was listening to part 2 of Pastor Grier's sermon and he finished preaching about how it was YOUR LOVE for ME that kept you on the cross and not the nails.

It made it cry of course and also ponder what I believed to be "trials" in my past.  WOW!  Naive and selfish am I compared to your SIN offering for my life.  Hearing Pastor Grier go on about our life's difficulties or what we "perceived" to be difficulties led me to The Book of James.

We are currently studying him in our Women's Thursday night bible study:

James 1:12-15 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.  (Father I love you!)

When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me."  For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.  Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

Father, the last verse alone is why I need you every moment of the day.  Please do not let me stray away from you and go in the direction of my flesh.  I do not want my "desires" to give birth to sin and eventually give birth to death.  I want the promises that you have set aside for me so long ago and I want a life that will only Glorify all that You've spared me from and to live out the PURPOSE for which you have SAVED me for.  In your Son's precious name.  Amen.

Eternally yours,
your humble princess bride