Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Lord,

Good morning and THANK YOU for that beautiful moon-gift on the way to work.  It was simply gorgeous.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one that notices and appreciates it...but then again, I can't be.  There are said to be at least 6 billion people on earth. Lol

Father, tomorrow is Independence Day and a huge celebration of Freedom for most.  I for one am so grateful to you for MY freedom.  Because of your LOVE and SACRIFICE, I am no longer of this world and therefore, I am not defined by my:
Hair
Weight
Style
Career
Salary
Possessions
Bank account
Credit Score
Square footage
Level of education
Achievements
Good deeds
Popularity
Marital Status

With you My Lord, I am defined by Love for others.  For you have commanded me to love them as I would myself.  As difficult as that has been in the past, today...I welcome it.

Galatians 5 - Freedom in Christ vs.13-14: You, my brothers, were called to be free.  But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature, rather, serve one another in love.  The entire law is summed up in a single command:  "Love your neighbor as yourself."

1 John 3 - Love One Another vs. 23: And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

I love you Lord

Eternally yours