Saturday, May 16, 2020

Just Jesus

Father I love our walks together. I love talking and hearing from You. I love knowing that You do want the best for me. I love how You love me and how You know me unlike anyone else in this entire world.

I was thinking about the sweet sounds of the birds and the beautiful awareness of nature. The simplicity of just walking, sighting seeing, hearing, listening, enjoying and embracing the moment...one step at a time.

With each step, I'm aware that Your grace was allowing me to do and to be. The steps were surely Yours as I am unable to move without You. I'm in desperate need of Your strength, endurance and Holy Spirit to move about...my body would go limp without You.

In the gift of North Beach, I walked around the town and aloud the wind and my thoughts to carry me down Bay Ave., to 9th, up Frederick, left on 2nd and around the Seagate development, leading back to the boardwalk.

I saw lots of people and prayed as I walked. This time, I did not share the gospel. I just walked and prayed. I even saw Joanne. A woman I met last night and prayed with while seated on a bench opposite Sweet Sue's. I think she may have been homeless and too embarrassed to share it.

Looking up at the sky, mentally photographing each flower and thoroughly enjoying the songbird choir, I was thinking about the subtle silence and beauty of each "house."

I was thinking how much of a gift this virus has been for so many to have settled us down and settled us in. Bringing an unexpected and profound interruption into our lives. I was a bit sad, briefly knowing that soon it will all change. It's spring and it will soon be summer. The noise will increase as well as the traffic. The busyness of life will soon resume and it will be a quiet longing to come back to these months where we were forced to "be still." The "shelter in place" by some will be a distant memory and yet a once welcomed season of life where prayerfully, transformation took place.

I remember awhile back saying, "Wow. There's nothing on my agenda but Jesus. The freedom in that. Thank You God. There's nothing on my calendar but You!"

I can go for a walk or not...
I can pray or not...
I can read my bible or not...
I can listen to worship music or not...
I can send out encouragement or not...
I can serve someone else or not...
I can grown in my faith or not...
I can have sweet fellowship with Jesus or not...
I can share the gospel with the lost or not...
I can cast my burdens on You or not...
I can rest in Your grace or not...
Just Jesus is my heart's desire...
Give me more Lord...please, I pray!

In writing this, I'm reminded of a time where I was weary and feeling overwhelmed. I was grieved over the loss, interceding for many and just spiritually exhausted.
I sat in my bedroom by the window and said, "God, I'm going to do nothing for a month. I'm not going to be a Christian. I'm going to do what I want for an entire month."

Not soon after that...moments later, I was praying about something. I can't remember what but I do remember laughing...saying, "God, You're funny."

Now in the season of COVID-19 where I had the legitimate excuse to do nothing...I chose and choose to be Yours. To be a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ. To do all of the above, meaning the former in each one, as opposed to the latter.

I love the freedom to do what I want, however I want, as often as I want. I thank YOU for the gift of free will. I thank YOU that You have given us all, one beautiful blessing after another. (John 1:16). I am most grateful that You have ordained every single day of my life before the foundation of the world and You knew that I would be Yours. You knew that my heart would respond to the gospel's good news message.

And speaking of good news. I heard something earlier today that made me so sad in my spirit. As many have died in the season of Covid, we had and have a ginormous opportunity to share the saving message of hope through Jesus with the good news of the gospel. Yet it seems we have done almost everything but...

I am not discounting the "love your neighbor and help" one another during this time of crisis...I am just saying, what about the words? There are some profound words that need to go with that meal, that gift card and that "act of kindness."

Ray Comfort's video was saying that we (the Western) churches are preaching a feel good message. We listen to feel good songs and receive good advice on Sundays, but pastor's aren't preaching the part about sin, repentance and the wrath of God. The good news is that we don't have to go to hell when this "beautiful spring life is over." When the heaviness of life, the consequences of our poor choices and the horrific actions of others takes us out...there is a place for those after the sorrow of death on earth. The good news is that we don't have to go to hell. We have the choice to spend eternity with a GOD who created us and loves us beyond all measure. The Cross was the way and the bridge from hell to heaven.

Lord Jesus why aren't Christians concerned about the last days and preparing for the Second Coming? Where is the fear of God Almighty?

LORD Jesus, if not now, when...???!!!

:-(

Why are Christians afraid to read Revelation?
How can Christians read Revelation and not be concerned or changed?
How can we read this bible and not see the sin in our own heart?
How can we say we are Christians and not see sin and address it?
How can we continue to live in a happy bubble of eat, drink, fellowship and be merry?

Father God help us I pray!
Don't leave us where we are Lord Jesus Amen!

I cling to Your Promise: "...He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you. Philippians 1:6

Eternally yours

(NOTE: When I speak of this time being a "gift" I am in no way whatsoever belittling the enormous amount of loved ones that have passed on.)