Monday, September 2, 2013

Surely Not I

My Lord,

This month marks one year that I've been with my church.  I went a whole year prior before joining.  You know how difficult it was for me to leave my first church and all the wonderful brothers and sisters that helped me along my disciple journey.

Something in me was craving more...not sure of what, but I was indeed thirsty for your word.  I love Grace Church and I have been soaring unlike anything I could have imagined since I have fully given myself.  The bible studies are awesome.  I love the small group that I'm apart of and I love being on Jackie's kitchen team.  I even love vacuuming the church when no one else is there.  I don't like when I'm singing and someone walks in on me. Lol

I think my favorite is being a greeter.  I'm so perfect for the job.  My smile is truly infectious.  Lol

But seriously Father, I am still meeting members because of our two services and our many activities.  I met a beautiful and humble sister this past weekend.  She honestly said that she was drawn to my Spirit and that I was alive in you.  WHAT an AWESOME thing for someone to say.  I heard it at the Women of Faith Conference and My LORD, and Uncle Dave, Melissa's Uncle recently said that same thing!  Humble me, a servant of Christ.  It's all YOU.  The the credit is yours and yours alone.

Nothing that I do is for self gratification.  I long to honor you and to praise you.  I long to speak my truth so that I can share your truth.  You've helped me to clear out all of the skeletons that were lurking in my closet. She said that I was being completely transparent in bible study and she could tell that I had went through "something" and that you brought me through it.  She was right!

We talked on the phone for almost 2 hours and Lord, you know that I don't like telephones.  She said something during our conversation and my ears immediately perked up.  The next day, I gave her a "special gift" and she cried and hugged me so tight.  She said, "thanks Sissy."  It was priceless and an awesome feeling to be there in that special way.  And again, it was all YOU God!

You have blessed me beyond measure and I want to Glorify you by helping others.  If you never gave me another gift, the one of Salvation and knowing that my kids are going to heaven is all the gift my heart desires.

Oh How I Love You!

Eternally yours