Thursday, September 5, 2013

Coming to an end...

My Lord,

Our summer study is coming to an end and I thank you for last night's bible study. It was awesome.  I love the fact that I was going to take a break this year until Kara invited me.  As a result of that, I was able to comfort a dear friend who'd lost her mom and meet a new friend who needed encouragement.

The study on "Overcoming Life's Difficulties" wasn't something I was too interested in.  I know that all the answers are in your word.  I've learned since being in an intimate relationship with you that self-help books are of no real use to the spirit.  They are money makers that bring no real JOY and no promise of an eternal life.  As a matter of fact, they don't even mention you.  Most would say, "a higher power...or a spirit."

I know that Jesus is the MIGHTY Healer and when you heal, you make us whole, here on earth, or bring us to Glory with you.  Either way, I'm a BELIEVER!

Over the past couple of weeks, we've studied Fear, Pain, Guilt, Loneliness and Anger.  Next week we wrap things up with Forgiveness.  I'm excited because that is something most struggle with.  I have had my moments where I'd forgiven others, but then came to the conclusion that I had not forgiven me.  I'm so in love with you and the way that you care for my heart.  I love that most of my girl friends are in love with you too and there is no jealousy whatsoever. Lol

Father, I'd like to say a special thank you for bringing Dotty into my life.  Last night she gifted me with something so special, I cried as soon as I opened it and laid it out.  She said that she'd made it about a year ago and God told her to keep it.

It was a beautiful and colorful crochet quilt with butterflies on it.  And she gifted me with a scripture rock.  She knew my ultimate bliss by paying attention to me and it was overwhelming to receive something so personable and hand crafted.

Thank you for all of the people you've placed in my life and along my path.  I am indeed a new creature because the old me was perfectly content with my two so-called friends and my four sisters. 

Eternally yours