Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I Am Not Afraid

My Lord,

Yesterday, I received some news that was not pleasing to my ear.  A small part of me expected it because of a dream I had a while back.  I know that it sounds strange but I am completely calm and at total peace.

I know You Father.  I trust You.  You are My God and You knew and know all things that we do not and would not be capable of handling if we did.

You numbered the hairs on our head and planned each day before any of them came to be.  Every word that You've breathed into the Bible, I believe it to be truth.  No one can tell me anything different.  That is why Psalm 66:16-20 is my scripture.  I know that You placed that in there for me. 

You know that I am shy and I am in no way a public speaker.  I can only be honest about my life and I can only write and speak about my experiences.  I would not be able to talk about the Gospel nor share it if I had no testimony of my own.  That's one of the reasons I was able to write two books...by taking my life and my journey and filling in the gaps with the work You've done in me.

I can tell anyone and everyone what You've done for me and that's what makes my faith solid and that's what gives me the strength to face what comes next.  It's not always easy, but unlike before, I know without a doubt, YOU are here beside me...inside me.

I have sought prayer request and I will not stop praying until Your will is done.  I know that You are an awesome God and that ALL things work together for Your good and for Your Glory.  Life is not fair but You Father, You are loving, merciful, compassionate, gently, just, forgiving, patient, understanding, faithful, steadfast, generous, and the list goes on.

If You were not on my side, who knows where I'd be.  I cannot imagine where my hope and my strength would lie. 

Each day I love You more than the day before.  Each day I long to be still with You and have You all to myself.  You give me that over and over again and that is why I believe that You are going to bring healing and restoration to __________ as well as all those who love and obey You.

Eternally yours