Monday, July 9, 2012

My Lord,

Thank you for the rain...for a new morning and another chance to honor and worship your Holiness.

I am currently reading an awesome book.  Actually, I'm reading many awesome books.  You know how I love books and I thank you for allowing me to have them in abundance.  I don't ever want to take anything that you give me for granted.  No matter how busy "life" appears, I never want to forget to say, "Thank you."

I had lunch with Dawn last week and she told me about this book by John Osteen and I love it.  It's titled, Your Words Hold a Miracle: The Power of Speaking God's Word.

I've highlighted many truths that immediately spoke to my heart and I haven't even gotten to the first Chapter.  Specifically:

"We need to see ourselves as God sees us?  And then we need to begin to speak in the manner God teaches us to speak.  We need to dare to find the places in Scripture where it's written about us and declare it as so.  And you not only must think it about yourself, you've got to actually say, "It is mine!"  You must verbalize it.  Your words carry power.  But we just can't choose our own words.  When you agree with God, it shall be done.!"

"Jesus, the Head of the church, said, "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be moved and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says" (Mark 11:23)."

Lord, please help me to remember this truth.  Please help me to remember that my words hold a miracle and that if I believe in what I speak...being your words and not my own, that I can accomplish many things for the glory of your kingdom.  In Jesus' precious name, Father this is my prayer.  Amen.

Eternally yours